OZARKHUNTER.NET
November 14, 2018, 11 :48:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late to the party- Season Photos  (Read 1596 times)
whacknstack
Elite member

« on: March 22, 2013, 10 :33:46 PM »

Well I know I'm a little late to the party, but would like to share a few photos from our season, this may be long winded, so bear with me!

Had a strange season of sorts.  Kill the fire out of 'em one day, and then be off of 'em for a few days, rinse, wash, and repeat.  Managed to be a part of killing just over 500 birds, so it could have been a whole lot worse I reckon.  I'll share a few of the highlights:

Opening morning sunrise

Quick two man limit

Specks!

Great timber shoot

Day after Thanksgiving shoot, we were kinda hard on the hens that morning

"American by birth, southern by the grace of God!"

"I've got a shotgun, rifle, and a four wheel drive, and a country boy can survive"  Hank Williams Jr.
whacknstack
Elite member

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10 :38:03 PM »

Izzy says hello!

Great shoot in the timber, worked hard for these birds, walked over a mile the day before to find 'em

Got to share a tree with a good hunting buddies father one morning.  He's a WWII vet, and was a hoot to hunt with, had some good stories too

Izzy and I with a quick afternoon limit

"I've got a shotgun, rifle, and a four wheel drive, and a country boy can survive"  Hank Williams Jr.
whacknstack
Elite member

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 10 :45:00 PM »

Quick back story on these next two pictures.  My regular hunting crew and I had a new to duckhunting guy join us this year.  Hunting a buddy of mines field and a lone speck comes in, he and I raise and fire simultaneously, bird falls, go out and pick it up, and sure enough it's banded.  Only fair way to sort it out was flip for the band.  I lost.  I was a little peaved that I lost the flip, as I was almost positive I killed the bird, but who am I to tell him he didn't hit it just as solidly as I had.  Little did I know my payback would soon be coming for being such a good sport about it.  Him getting that band made his season without a doubt

Not 30 minutes later, a lone drake comes around my end, I raise, fire, and crumple it.  Went out to pick it up and boy was I surprised when I saw something shining back at me.  2 different species, 30 minutes between them.  One of the coolest hunts I've ever been on, and won't soon forget.

Great shoot in an Eddy on the Cash River, a new to me place that was on fire for a little while when the water finally got up.  Can't wait to hunt there again

Great shoot with some great friends

Sorry for being so long winded, hope you enjoy!

Biggen
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2013 deer contest

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 05 :41:55 AM »

You had a better season than I had. I had to go to eastern AR the last weekend of season to kill any birds. Just did not have them over here this year. Now that I got my hip put in I hope I can chase them better this year. You can look at my thread "last weekend blow out" to see pictures of our hunt. I did not get any pictures of Sundays hunt but we had almost 5 limits of teal by 10:30. It turned out to be one heck of a teal hunt that weekend.

"Life is Hard, It's Harder if You're Stupid"
~John Wayne~
UCNE
Winning Team 2011 Deer Contest
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 07 :58:55 AM »

aplaud aplaud thanks for sharing........... buddybeer

LIFE IS NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU RUN OR HIGH YOU CLIMB IT'S HOW HARD YOU FALL!   Friends of the North Fork and White Rivers /  NRA / ADHA
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 08 :07:17 AM »

aplaud aplaud aplaud.gif

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
whacknstack
Elite member

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10 :14:10 AM »

Biggen I'm serious when I say this, you need to come over and hunt with us a day or three next year.  We can do fields or timber, whatever your liking. Fields pretty easy, we can drop you off right at the pit.  You could hunt in knee boots if you really wanted to

duckman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
Elite member

mill creek mafia

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10 :21:05 AM »

Looks like a good year thumbp
Biggen
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2013 deer contest

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 11 :18:43 AM »

Biggen I'm serious when I say this, you need to come over and hunt with us a day or three next year.  We can do fields or timber, whatever your liking. Fields pretty easy, we can drop you off right at the pit.  You could hunt in knee boots if you really wanted to

Now that's a invite that I doubt I can refuse, we will talk more bout it when season gets closer this year. We was at Truman for the last weekend hunting with a buddy of mine there. I'm going back there some this year I imagine.

thumbp

"Life is Hard, It's Harder if You're Stupid"
~John Wayne~
whacknstack
Elite member

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 12 :18:46 PM »

Ducky you too, know we've talked about it in the past, but we need to make it happen this year

duckman
GLOBAL MODERATOR
Elite member

mill creek mafia

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 12 :47:12 PM »

Just tell me when and where to meet thumbp
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: