OZARKHUNTER.NET
December 18, 2017, 04 :57:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: about us  (Read 3685 times)
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2016, 10 :29:04 AM »

customers Mossberg 835 we've re-finished in Mossy Oak New Bottomland.
The firearm had a factory finish camo that was removed by media blasting. You will see on the close up's no ugly touch up's, just a well rounded high quality camo job with 3 coats of clear flat finished applied & baked on in one of our gun ovens @ a undisclosed temperature & time frame. We are the only ones that bake our camo finishes on. This produces a much harder durable longer lasting finish.

* 002.JPG (5303.05 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 33 times.)

* 003.JPG (5108.5 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 31 times.)

* 004.JPG (5250.2 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 34 times.)

"if you're not on government watch list by now, you should be ashamed of yourself." by me

"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness" Col. by Tom Kelly.

"Unethical politicians aren’t the problem; they’re the symptom. They’re the result of all of us giving up our power." by Tyler Tervooren
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2016, 10 :43:36 AM »

customers Browning B2000 we re-finished (metal work only). The firearm had some rust & lost pieces to the firearm to make it fuctional. The parts re-finished were: barrel, receiver, end cap, charging handle & trigger guard in KG Gun Kote Flat Black baked on moly finish. The bolt assembly was also re-finished KG Gun Kote Flat Stainless. All of the old finish was removed by media blasting.

The firearm was fully disassembled. receiver, trigger guard, & bolt assembly. New parts were ordered to replace the ones the owner lost. Two parts were ordered to replace worn parts that were close to failing.

After re-assembly the firearm was tested & cycle at our range. Then clean patch down the bore to remove any powder residue.

* 010.JPG (3356.33 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 46 times.)

* 009.JPG (3397.93 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 42 times.)

* 006.JPG (3405.14 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 44 times.)

"if you're not on government watch list by now, you should be ashamed of yourself." by me

"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness" Col. by Tom Kelly.

"Unethical politicians aren’t the problem; they’re the symptom. They’re the result of all of us giving up our power." by Tyler Tervooren
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2016, 10 :50:59 AM »

here is some Benelli SBE II stocks we applied our Sur-Grip product to over the existing Benelli checkering (medium orange peel texture) shown. Sur-Grip product; is a solid textured two component catalyzed Kevlar Urethane coating that can be applied to aluminum, wood, composite and fiberglass stocks.

The prep work on the stock is done in one of several media blast cabinets with media that doesn't ping or scare the stocks. The type of media & the air pressure used leaves the ideal profile on the stocks for this coating to adhere to the existing factory checkering or non checkering areas. This coating is quite popular with our law enforcement clients with tactical rifle stocks. And now becoming more popular with water fowlers & turkey guns.

This product builds a non slip indestructible texture to your rifle stock, shotgun stocks, AR grips & tubular forearms. The type of texture can be adjust threw application whether it is fine orange peel texture, medium orange peel texture(shown on these stocks) or a heavy tactical texture. We apply this coating by spray gun.

This coating can be use on its self leaving a semi gloss black finish or top coated with air cured moly coatings or by hydrographic camo printing. The stocks in the picture were coated over with a air cured moly finish in graphite black

Top picture before the Sur-Grip was applied
Bottom picture shows Sur-Grip over the factory checkering

* 001.JPG (3315.76 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 46 times.)

* 004.JPG (3203.76 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 41 times.)

ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2016, 11 :58:33 AM »

finished up my new coyote rifle last night. Mid September I bought a black on black Mossberg Patriot Rifle (bolt action) chambered in .243 Win.

I re-finished all the metal work in KG Gun Kote Dark Earth Tan Flat moly finish, & KG Gun Kote SOCOM Black Flat moly finish. The stock I re-finished in Mossy Oak Brush w\3 coats of dead flat clear.

The Dark Earth Tan Moly finish was applied to barreled action, scope bases, scope rings, fluting on the bolt body, charging handle, back buffer nut to bolt assembly, the perimeter of magazine well.

SOCOM Black Moly finish was appled to bolt release lever, safety switch, scope ring screws, scope base screws, sling studs & stock to action mounting screws.
 Mossy Oak Brush pattern was applied by hydrographic printing to the stock & magazine bottom plate. with 3 coats of dead flat clear finish.

The scope is on order, it's a Vortex Diamondback 4x12x40mm with new Kenton Turrets 50yd increments up to 1 turn, 200yd zero to 700yds with 1\4 minute click. These turrets are custom made & ballistically match to my handloads I reload by using the Vortex's LRBC ballistics calculator. That information is given to Kenton Industry to make my custom elevation turret.

I thought the rifle came out nice.

* 009.JPG (2377.66 KB, 4608x1676 - viewed 39 times.)

* 012.JPG (4875.85 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 32 times.)

* 017.JPG (4844.19 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 33 times.)

* 022.JPG (4900.7 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 31 times.)

rjet
Elite member

Winning Team 2013 Deer Contest

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2016, 12 :18:20 PM »

Looks dang nice.
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2016, 06 :19:46 AM »

finished up on a customers Colt M4A1 rifle today. Colors: Digital Urban Camo w\ custom mixed Brown finish using KG Gun Kote & KG Gun Kote SOCOM Black.. The rifle was originally black.
 After disassembly & washing the parts to go through the camo & moly process, each part was media blasted to remove the original factory Colt finish. The plastic were media blasted in a blast cabinet we have designated for plastics only with a less aggressive media to prep our plastic parts.

The lower & upper, hand grip, rail covers & magazine, magazine bottom, stock release lever, collapsible rear stock was finished in a digital urban camo with 3 coats of dead flat clear finish then baked on for maximum durability.

Parts finished in KG Gun Kote SOCOM Black; fire control selector switch, magazine release, magazine release button, receiver pivot hinge pin, take down pin, bolt catch, charging handle latch catch, trigger assembly pins & receiver end plate.

Parts finished in custom mixed Brown KG Gun Kote finish: rear stock lock pin nut, receiver extension nut, receiver buffer tube, lower trigger guard, forward assist button, charging handle, ejection port dust cover, barrel, outer delta ring, quad rail hand guard, A frame front sight, flash hider, & crush washer for flash hider.

* 001.JPG (5273.05 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 35 times.)

* 004.JPG (4732.28 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 44 times.)

* 005.JPG (4657.25 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 34 times.)

* 009.JPG (4664.15 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 37 times.)

* 012.JPG (4736.01 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 32 times.)

dhunter82
Elite member

« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2016, 09 :34:11 AM »

Have you ever hydro dipped a riflescope? I had a scope dipped and now it has moisture condensation drops on the inside of both lens. Wondering if theres anything i can do to fix it or is the scope ruined?
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2016, 07 :13:58 PM »

I've done hundreds of them. Been doing this for 13 yrs and scope are rated by quality to go threw the camo process. I will not touch a scope under 150.00 of value. I also will not touch a scope with AO lens. They will fog up. My success rate on rifle, shotgun & handgun scopes are 98%. It's at owners risk. if anything goes wrong I am not liable. Leupold recommends their customers to my shop for "there" scope (they have been for over 10 yrs) to be hydro printed. Leupold is the only company in the optics industry that when you camo process there scopes they will still honor there warranty. The others (scope companies) will void there warranty.

Once a scope is fogged, theirs NO way of saving it.....trash can it. The circulating story of putting the scope in a bag of rice, that the rice will absorb the moisture is what it is.... a untruthful here-say story.

dhunter82
Elite member

« Reply #98 on: October 27, 2016, 09 :42:09 PM »

thumbp
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2017, 06 :04:27 PM »

my personal Anderson AR rifle I finished up today. Been working on this in between customer guns & week ends. Went threw a transformation, the rifle was originally black finish with A2 hand guard, standard 6 position butt stock, A2 pistol plastic grip, standard height railed gas block. Anderson called this rifle a "optic ready".

Now the rifle has new 12" hand guard by Omega Mfg Inc, the Yankee Hill Low Profile Gas Block, Hogue over-molded pistol grip, Magpul CTR rear stock (in Magpul OD Green), Troy Industry iron sights, Nikon P-Series 30mm 2-Piece Scope Mount, Vortex Strike Eagle 1x 6 x 24mm optic & the Timney AR-15 competition 2 stage trigger.
 The finish I put on this Anderson AR is KG Gun Kote Magpul OD Green; upper & lower receiver, hand guard, Nikon P Series 30mm rings.
 KG Gun Kote SOCOM Black; barrel, flash hider, crush washer, dust cover, magazine release button, safety, pivot pin, take down pin, trigger pins, foreword assist button, charging handle, trigger guard, scope mount screws, back buffer nut, buffer tube, magazine.

* 009.JPG (3351.3 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 43 times.)

* 012.JPG (3325.81 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 48 times.)

* 011.JPG (3313.85 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 48 times.)

* 003.JPG (3339.16 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 42 times.)

ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2017, 06 :15:14 PM »

customers Winchester mod. 70 Extreme Weather barreled action we re-finish in the KG Gun Kote NaNo series in SOCOM Black.

The KG Gun Kote NaNo series is a the newest coating in the Gun Kote line up. It is a hard, abrasion resistant coating which meets and exceeds all military and aerospace specifications for protective coatings. It is a flat finish only formulated to provide even more impact resistance, lubricity, heat dissipation, chemical and corrosion resistance, durability and scratch resistance then any other coating in the KG Gun Kote line up. The cured coating will not attract dirt, dust or debris and has a smooth flat finish.

The bolt assembly was fully disassembled and each part carefully prep and re-finished then re-assembled. This barreled actio was originally stainless.

* 001.JPG (3384.56 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 43 times.)

* 004.JPG (3351.85 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 42 times.)

* 009.JPG (3389.25 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 47 times.)

* 006.JPG (3292.36 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 64 times.)

Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2017, 06 :20:45 AM »

Vortex Strike Eagle 1x 6 x 24mm optic is what I have on my AR. Love that scope, it's truly amazing when it's set on 1X. It's like there is no scope there, just a reticle in front of you.

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2017, 04 :04:51 PM »

I like the Strike Eagle scope too. I just bought another Anderson AR in 5.56\.223Rem. but will be putting on a Eotech 512 on this one.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: