OZARKHUNTER.NET
December 18, 2017, 04 :57:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Squirrel Hunt  (Read 1725 times)
hunter22
Elite member

« on: December 13, 2015, 06 :57:40 PM »

I am going to do something later this week that I have not done in a while and that's go on a squirrel hunt. My son and I used to do this a lot. We would go to Sylamore and hunt with our .22s. We would go separate ways and see who could get their limit the quickest. I plan to go to the cabin at Hardy and take my Ruger 10/22. Based on what I saw up there deer hunting it should be a real fun time. I may spend a couple nights up there.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 07 :20:08 PM »

Now that would be awesome , we used to squirrel hunt every year over at Lynn that was several years ago but was a lot of fun .. think i will go about mid Jan , We need to get together about then for supper somewhere .

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
hunter22
Elite member

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 07 :33:41 PM »

I started squirrel hunting with my dad about 60 years ago when I was 5. I can still remember some of those hunts. He taught me to love nature at a very early age. I like to fry up some young squirrels, make gravy, and scramble a bunch of eggs for breakfast.

ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 02 :04:31 PM »

careful Rickie your dating yourself    LOL!

"if you're not on government watch list by now, you should be ashamed of yourself." by me

"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness" Col. by Tom Kelly.

"Unethical politicians aren’t the problem; they’re the symptom. They’re the result of all of us giving up our power." by Tyler Tervooren
hunter22
Elite member

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 07 :33:56 PM »

Don---I just thank the good Lord each day for giving me another one. I am old and starting to feel it and really slow down. I hope to climb up some of those mountains in Colorado a few more times before I hang it up. My lifetime hunting buddy and I have over 20 preference points for elk in Colorado and we should draw one of those once in a lifetime hunts within the next two years. I also have a date next spring with a mountain Merriam gobbler that beat me this spring. He was at 8500 ft elevation on top of a big mountain that had only one way to the top and that was by foot. I killed his little brother but I can still see the one that beat me. Most beautiful gobbler I have ever seen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: