OZARKHUNTER.NET
September 20, 2018, 07 :58:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: this week-end  (Read 409 times)
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« on: June 12, 2016, 05 :45:51 PM »

Saturday: fired up "La Ruca" my reverse flow indirect stick burner BBQ'er with some oak & mesquite. Cooked up 3 chickens. Made up a Texas Spice Rub cooked them 3 hrs low slow. We shoved 3 cans of beer inside the chickens, 1 inside each of them while cooking them. Pulled the meat from the whole chickens and made up "BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches" the wife made her Ranch Bacon Pasta Salad. Her pasta salad has, bacon, cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, black olives, artichoke hearts, red onion, powdered ranch dressing mix & other ingredients. The meat was moist, latterly fell of the bones. Nice mesquite smoke flavor with the sweet & spicy Texas season.
We like BBQ w\o sauce,just the taste of the meat & the spice rub along with the smoke makes for outstanding BBQ.

Today (Sunday) after church today we decided to have BBQ meatloaf. That's right cooked on grill. Made the meatloaf from ground venison & ground pork plus a few other ingredients. Cooked it over charcoal & hickory chunks until a internal temp of 160 degrees. Which was about 1 1\2 hrs. Threw on a couple of big potatoes brushed down with bacon grease & wrapped in foil. The last 15 minute's I brushed on some ketchup. That was some good eats I have to say. Life is good in the Ozarks here in Arkansas.
 My old charcoal grill is seen its days (15yrs), this has to be the last year for it. I they just don't make good weber kettle cookers like this one anymore. Porcelain exterior finish, and coated on the interior.

* 005.JPG (2248.49 KB, 3976x2541 - viewed 51 times.)

* 014.JPG (3381.63 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 52 times.)

* 019.JPG (3337.96 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 77 times.)

* 002.JPG (3346.62 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 55 times.)

* 004.JPG (3321.46 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 57 times.)

"if you're not on government watch list by now, you should be ashamed of yourself." by me

"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness" Col. by Tom Kelly.

"Unethical politicians aren’t the problem; they’re the symptom. They’re the result of all of us giving up our power." by Tyler Tervooren
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 05 :59:02 PM »

now thats fine eatin

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06 :47:27 PM »

My SIL got a new smoker for his birthday last month and has been turning out some really good ribs, chicken and such. Yesterday he did a BBQ meatloaf, first time I'd tried that and it was surprisingly good. I'm not a big meatloaf fan, but the BBQed one was great.

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: