OZARKHUNTER.NET
September 20, 2018, 07 :41:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help pesky critter  (Read 882 times)
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« on: February 17, 2017, 02 :44:25 PM »

I need to hire a hit man to take out a pesky otter

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 10 :48:54 AM »

In a pond? Hitman may be best option. Hard to trap in a pond.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 02 :16:36 PM »

In a pond? Hitman may be best option. Hard to trap in a pond.
I'm trying everything ,got traps out a x been setting watching   nothing yet

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 06 :34:10 PM »

Good news is that otter brought $20 to $30 at the Arkansas fur sale today. I was hearing reports of 10 dollars earlier in the season. I figured they were about to get really thick if they had bottomed out that much.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 07 :01:47 AM »

I would give 50 bucks for this one.           Must be dead

Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 06 :00:59 PM »

You finding fish heads on the bank?
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 06 :36:52 PM »

You finding fish heads on the bank?
none ever but do get a picture of him now and then

Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 06 :40:35 PM »

I know the feeling. Got a bobcat I get about once a week on camera. Can't get it to work my sets for nothing.  Hanging attractors, flashy dirtholes, even tried some cat litter for a toilet set. Might help if I didn't have so many possums around plugging my sets.  Hammer Punch   I think I've taken around 30 to 35 grinners out so far. With it being so warm this last week of season I'm not expecting much predator action.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 07 :24:01 PM »

I got traps out and hunted hard for him and he never showed up , may just have trump to nuke the place  :fuel:

Darrell
Elite member

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 10 :00:18 AM »

Trapper I know you are probably better at this than me, but have you tried a steel trap under a car rim. Throw some bait under the rim and set your trap wright under the center hole, might work for you.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 11 :48:31 AM »

Trapper I know you are probably better at this than me, but have you tried a steel trap under a car rim. Throw some bait under the rim and set your trap wright under the center hole, might work for you.
what kind of bait

Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 05 :59:47 PM »

No I had not heard of that set for bobcat. Will keep It in my files for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Lost, beaver meat is one of the best cat baits.
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 07 :56:26 AM »

I've found my secret weapon. Now it's all but over.  dablio
Darrell
Elite member

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 08 :50:13 AM »

I use sand bass ribs. Other bait would work.
Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 12 :48:01 PM »

I've got a family of them that roams up and down the creeks and branches around here, they live on the creeks, but use ponds like buffets as they pass through. I've been after them for years, but they don't stay very long in one place. Very seldom see them, usually just tracks, slides and fish carcasses. They will clean out a pond. They're quite a few of them around here, I see them on the Cadron Creek a lot, 5 or 6 in a bunch usually.

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: