OZARKHUNTER.NET
December 18, 2017, 04 :53:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gun safe problems  (Read 926 times)
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« on: May 09, 2017, 06 :25:27 PM »

3 years ago  I bought a cannon safe and thought I did a good thing . Not so good now the electronic pad shorted out and maybe the actuator as well and I cant get into it . called cannon for help and they said not covered in the warranty . Tried everything to  gain entry and without destroying it almost impossible . lock smith will enter it for 300 bucks  censoured    did I mention cannon customer support sux

If I can find someone with the same key pad I may be able to enter ,, They are easy and simple to change just got to have the same brand and the code  dunknow

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 06 :33:51 PM »

Good luck, hope that works.

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 06 :41:33 PM »

internet search will get you into a lot of safes but the cannon without destroying the safe is about impossible unless you pay big bucks

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
dspeakes
Elite member

Winning Team 2010 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 06 :02:31 AM »

Makes me glad I bought another brand.
Biggen
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2013 deer contest

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 09 :48:22 AM »

So why can't you order a new key pad and actuator from Cannon or go straight to the key pad manufacture and order from them?  2cents 2cents

"Life is Hard, It's Harder if You're Stupid"
~John Wayne~
Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 04 :50:02 PM »

I've never owned one with a keypad, but I thought if the pad went south you could open those safes with a key?? scratch-head

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 05 :24:41 PM »

I've never owned one with a keypad, but I thought if the pad went south you could open those safes with a key?? scratch-head
not cannon
So why can't you order a new key pad and actuator from Cannon or go straight to the key pad manufacture and order from them?  2cents 2cents
just did
Makes me glad I bought another brand.
hope you didn't buy a sentry ,,easiest one  to open of them all   but at least you wouldn't be like me and cant get in

E fan
Elite member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 07 :17:24 AM »

Never had any issues with my cannon battery died but replaced it and works like it should with no hicups
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 02 :53:20 PM »

3 years ago  I bought a cannon safe and thought I did a good thing . Not so good now the electronic pad shorted out and maybe the actuator as well and I cant get into it . called cannon for help and they said not covered in the warranty . Tried everything to  gain entry and without destroying it almost impossible . lock smith will enter it for 300 bucks  censoured    did I mention cannon customer support sux

If I can find someone with the same key pad I may be able to enter ,, They are easy and simple to change just got to have the same brand and the code  dunknow

pretty stand procedure John. I have a Liberty and their customer service was stating the exact thing. I couldn't find my entry over ride key even though my safe is digital. My code is on the paper work which I have stored away. They sent me a new key do I can gain access and replacement digital key pad.

"if you're not on government watch list by now, you should be ashamed of yourself." by me

"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness" Col. by Tom Kelly.

"Unethical politicians aren’t the problem; they’re the symptom. They’re the result of all of us giving up our power." by Tyler Tervooren
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: