OZARKHUNTER.NET
June 18, 2018, 02 :45:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for trapper  (Read 280 times)
Darrell
Elite member

« on: December 28, 2017, 11 :35:22 AM »

Trapper I caught a female bobcat, something had ate the backend out of her all the big muscles on her hind legs were gone, and she was covered up with grass and leaves. Do you know what would have done this? If you would like to see a picture I can text or email it to you. Thanks in advance Darrell 
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 12 :52:33 PM »

Being covered up it sounds like another cat. I've never heard of a cat eating another but I have heard of using cat meat for bait for cats so I guess they must be attracted to it. I bet you catch another one at that spot.
Darrell
Elite member

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 03 :48:26 PM »

It smelled strong of cat pee around there, so I think it will be a big tom. trap is set back, I'll keep you updated. Thanks again Darrell
Darrell
Elite member

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 10 :18:30 AM »

This morning was the 3rd. in a row.Wed. morning was a big tom cat, Thur. was the female that was ate on and covered, Fri. was another female, all in the same trap.
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 11 :56:36 AM »

thumbp  That's awesome. I haven't caught anything since Christmas morning when I picked up coyote number five for the year.  I just have a few sets out around the home place here. I had a cat on trail cam but I don't know where it got off to.  I'm going to expand my line to a couple new places here in a week or so. Maybe I can get into some cats then. They sure are fun to catch.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 12 :14:53 PM »

wish mine predators would die

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 07 :01:24 PM »

If I don't freeze to death between now and next weekend I'll get after them.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 12 :35:57 AM »

If I don't freeze to death between now and next weekend I'll get after them.
heard several coyotes Saturday night and should be a cat or two in the grass ,, also I know of at least one fox back by the old pond ..   Do you walk in or use a 4 wheeler ? our place is pretty easy to access except maybe the back mountain road then its a nice Lil walk or a 4 wheeler ride .

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 09 :57:22 AM »

Hadn't thought about it. I will probably see where I can get by vehicle and go from there. I've set everything off here until the single digits are gone but I had been walking the line just to avoid the bone chilling four wheeler ride. Lol I'm on the ridge top so no hills to climb though. If it gets to be too much for me I might start hauling the four wheeler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: