OZARKHUNTER.NET
October 20, 2018, 07 :23:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Waiting on fall  (Read 388 times)
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« on: August 04, 2018, 09 :30:19 AM »

My favorite time of year ,       We are working on the deer hunting land and just about done this year , about all we like is planting food plots and that won't happen until mid September.

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Trapper
Elite member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 10 :31:33 AM »

It almost felt like fall for a couple of days. Then it was gone. 
Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 03 :48:45 PM »

At camp now.  thumbp

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
dspeakes
Elite member

Winning Team 2010 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 03 :46:39 PM »

26 days until the urban hunt.  Got to get the wife recuperated so I can spend time in the woods.  I do not even have cameras or stands set up yet.
namvet
OZARKHUNTER MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2010
Elite member

one shot=one kill

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 08 :59:00 AM »

26 days until the urban hunt.  Got to get the wife recuperated so I can spend time in the woods.  I do not even have cameras or stands set up yet.
Me either, busted a rear 26x12.00x12 ag-lugged tire on my Kubota, and tried 3 times to fix it and each time it went flat again! It seems nobody know what a dayam tire boot or boot glue is anymore! Gonna hafta plunk down a couple c-notes look like! holess

P/S Happy Birthday d!

J. Stiles  The Tulip Rifles   Tulip Ar.
dspeakes
Elite member

Winning Team 2010 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 07 :43:52 AM »

Got one stand up and all the feeders and cameras are going now.  Also put feed in the back yard for the lazy day hunts off the deck.  Will put up the rest of the stands next weekend.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 11 :38:41 AM »

all feeders are set stands cleaned up and thought we was ready , still have to plant the plots

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
twodog
Elite member

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 05 :11:58 PM »

I am so ready for fall to get here. I hunt mostly public land and so no feeders or any of that. Did most of my scouting this past winter and during turkey season and in past hunting seasons. I pretty much know the trails and hotspots in the hills and hollers. I will get out in September and look a little closer for any new activity. I have shot my rifles I will be using and am good to go there. Shooting the bow a little about every other day. All my worn out shoulders allow.
I live for the fall!
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 07 :39:02 PM »

I wish they would ban feeders state wide so we all are on the same plying field

Biggen
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2013 deer contest

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 07 :50:29 AM »

I wish they would ban feeders state wide so we all are on the same plying field

They would have to ban food plots as well then, to make it fair then....  scratchin scratchin

"Life is Hard, It's Harder if You're Stupid"
~John Wayne~
twodog
Elite member

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 08 :37:08 AM »

UH oh popcorn
Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 10 :22:41 AM »

I've about decided a bushhog and some fertilizer is a lot cheaper and easier than doing full blown food plots and works just about or just as well.

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
namvet
OZARKHUNTER MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2010
Elite member

one shot=one kill

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 03 :03:29 PM »

I've about decided a bushhog and some fertilizer is a lot cheaper and easier than doing full blown food plots and works just about or just as well.
Exactly, I did my bush hogging, now I'll be headed to town for some ph[balance]and lime. Already have the does and yearlins on camera, keeping them here will bring the bucks! buddybeer

J. Stiles  The Tulip Rifles   Tulip Ar.
twodog
Elite member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 04 :17:46 PM »

Around here this tear acorns are going to be sparse. A fertilized place will draw them out.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Email
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 04 :49:15 PM »

They would have to ban food plots as well then, to make it fair then....  scratchin scratchin
NOPE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: