OZARKHUNTER.NET
September 21, 2018, 03 :18:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Range for Buck Deer  (Read 66 times)
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« on: August 30, 2018, 08 :05:04 AM »

I read a interesting article on New Data On Buck Home-Range Size by Age https://www.qdma.com/new-data-buck-home-range-size-age/

what was interesting too about the article & made me think that bucks will have a different spring, summer travels than fall\winter routes of travels. I also find by thinking back past deer seasons were unfamiliar buck deer show up for a few days to caught on cameras & vanish to be never to be seen again on camera.

"if you're not on government watch list by now, you should be ashamed of yourself." by me

"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness" Col. by Tom Kelly.

"Unethical politicians aren’t the problem; they’re the symptom. They’re the result of all of us giving up our power." by Tyler Tervooren
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 10 :06:32 AM »

Seems to me that bucks that spend the summer on us disappear about mid October till late December , during that time we get a new set of bucks then they disappear when the home bucks return.

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
twodog
Elite member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 06 :17:22 PM »

I read an article a few years back about bucks with tracking collars and their ranges. They would suddenly shift ranges for periods of time and then just as suddenly go back. It seems that one buck had a habit of just moving several miles then basically holing up then just pick up and go home.
Go figure. I guess that is why sometimes we come up with an empty poke.
dspeakes
Elite member

Winning Team 2010 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 08 :46:10 PM »

This is why I do not get excited about buck pictures I get in the summer.  A whole new set of bucks is usually around for the Oct/Nov timeframe. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: