OZARKHUNTER.NET
September 21, 2018, 03 :55:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On This Day 17 years ago....  (Read 71 times)
namvet
OZARKHUNTER MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2010
Elite member

one shot=one kill

« on: September 11, 2018, 05 :53:34 AM »

My fishing trip on Cox Creek Lake was cut short by an incessant honking which turned out to be my wife calling me to shore to tell me we[USA] were being attacked, my daughter Iris was a year old, my wife was 42 and I was 52....what can you remember about that day? I know I was ready to go if need be.... american \f machine-gun

J. Stiles  The Tulip Rifles   Tulip Ar.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 05 :00:24 PM »

I remember it was fixin head to the hills when our friend stoped in front of the house and asked if I have seen the news .

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 05 :16:10 PM »

I was making my rounds feeding dry cows and heifers. I'd just pulled up to a barn, blew the horn and was listening to the radio waiting on the cows to come up when the first plane hit. Was about two stops later when the second one hit. I then for got all about feeding and high tailed it to the closest TV. The eeriest part for me was the next few days when there were no airplanes to be seen in the sky. I didn't realize how many planes we were used to seeing everyday.

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
twodog
Elite member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 06 :22:41 PM »

I was working on a project and the engineer over the project told me about the two planes hitting the WTC. The days following with no airplanes was indeed an eerie experience. I do remember seeing some military jets flying and they all seemed to be in a hurry going somewhere. IMO many people today have forgotten the event or downplay the real significance of the attack.
Whiskey River
Elite member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 07 :22:15 PM »

My son was born the day before, so I was sitting in the hospital room watching it all unfold on tv.
namvet
OZARKHUNTER MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2010
Elite member

one shot=one kill

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 03 :28:31 AM »

My son was born the day before, so I was sitting in the hospital room watching it all unfold on tv.
That had to suck bigtime! What went through your mind? I know what went through mine, as my daughter was only just over 1 year old. She's 18 now and it all turned out better than I thought it would.  buddybeer

J. Stiles  The Tulip Rifles   Tulip Ar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: