OZARKHUNTER.NET
March 21, 2019, 01 :50:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the end of one chapter in life & the opening of another  (Read 141 times)
ArkansasDon
Elite member

WWW Email
« on: January 28, 2019, 07 :53:53 AM »

the wife & I have been talking serious & we both agree it is time to close the doors on my business. I made a good living doing what I did almost 16 yrs putting custom finishes on firearms. It's funny I have put camo or moly finishes on guns or gun parts from all the states of our country w\the exception of Hawaii. I even had customers (stocks) from Ireland, Canada too. My customers have ranged from the average hunter, competitive shooters, gun builders, celebrities from music & TV to 28 different law enforcement agencies throughout our country (State & Local). I've been in two outdoor magazines (articles), numerous pod cast interviews & a radio show (few times), met a slew of people whom I've hunted with & became friends over the years from this business. I'll miss dealing with Mossy Oak Camo \ Haas Outdoors, they have been awesome to me. I've been loyal to Mossy Oak Camo processor ever since I started the business & my 3 Pro Staffer's Roger, Scott & Keith were a real asset to me & my business.

I have to think about my health now (my cancer is still in remission, stage 1 low grade) & the chemicals I am around in the shop for the camo process could enhance my cancer to a different level. I'll finish out the month of January what is on the racks in my shop currently & send the rest of the firearms back to the customers. So the end of January is it. I'll work on the farm & get a part time job since Sally & I dont have that much hanging over our heads.

Feb 1st my insurance, alarm service, web site & internet service will be cancelled, turned off & shut down.

Looks like I sold some of my equipment to another camo processing company in the midwest. He's interested in my new camo hydrographic tank & both activator systems.

John go ahead & delete that Camo Solutions page on your forum. 

"if you're not on government watch list by now, you should be ashamed of yourself." by me

"Wild Turkey possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness" Col. by Tom Kelly.

"Unethical politicians aren’t the problem; they’re the symptom. They’re the result of all of us giving up our power." by Tyler Tervooren
twodog
Elite member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 06 :04:32 PM »

Well I for one hate to see you end it but understand fully why you are doing it. I sure like the fantastic job you did on my turkey gun a few years ago. You are a real professional.

Sam Hutto
Administrator
Elite member

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 01 :44:33 PM »

Always like seeing your work. Good luck and best wishes for this next phase of your life.  thumbp

Sam Hutto
Damascus, AR
Southern Van Buren County

Life NRA Member
dspeakes
Elite member

Winning Team 2010 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 05 :29:52 PM »

Really am impressed with the gun you did for me Don.  Thanks again.  I hope you and Sally get to travel around and have a great time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: