OZARKHUNTER.NET
June 18, 2019, 06 :45:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arkansas River Flood  (Read 58 times)
twodog
Elite member

Email
« on: May 30, 2019, 07 :31:37 PM »

I live not to far from the river but fortunately on a hilltop several miles from the flood. We went down yesterday to see for ourselves. It is an impressive sight to see the river over bank full and rushing by. There are more road closures each day and unfortunately more folks flooded out of their homes or businesses. This is going to be bad for a while. I can remember my grandparents talking about the 1927 flood and my parents the 1943 flood. I really never expected to see anything like it but I have now.
I lived on the lower Cache River for a few years and thought I had seen some bad flooding but this is worse.
This is an historic tragedy that we are living through.
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07 :42:43 PM »

feel bad for them , wonder what I would do if it was here ...

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be, if only I had a gun, and lord, if today is the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass
twodog
Elite member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07 :44:14 AM »

Some on here are no doubt familiar with Holla Bend NWR. The levee on the south side of the refuge breached last night. The officials are saying now Dardanelle will flood today. How much of it I have not heard. The water will more or less reach from Petit Jean Mountain to Dardanelle. Lots of farms, homes and businesses will be flooded.
E fan
Elite member

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 09 :34:34 AM »

Just think all those other floods we're comparing this one to were pre dams so they were much much worse
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: