OZARKHUNTER.NET
September 20, 2018, 07 :57:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets hear your Good recipies........  (Read 5430 times)
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 06 :23:09 PM »

to one john boat add  a unce and a lost with just a dash of duckman, stir in the last drum stick in a bucket of col. sanders and you have a recipe for disaster
i have been in a john boat with duckman ,,,ucne as well ,,,and mud you know your right

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
dspeakes
Elite member

Winning Team 2010 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :08:16 PM »

Sorry, I don't share my recipes.   :laugh:
UCNE
Winning Team 2011 Deer Contest
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :09:27 PM »

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

LIFE IS NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU RUN OR HIGH YOU CLIMB IT'S HOW HARD YOU FALL!   Friends of the North Fork and White Rivers /  NRA / ADHA
Crossroads
Elite member

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :11:14 PM »

UCNE...sounds like you are a cooking wizard!
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :14:19 PM »

Naw just a Fat Man that likes to eat .................... :'(

LIFE IS NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU RUN OR HIGH YOU CLIMB IT'S HOW HARD YOU FALL!   Friends of the North Fork and White Rivers /  NRA / ADHA
dspeakes
Elite member

Winning Team 2010 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :43:38 PM »

OK UCNE -- maybe just one

JOEBALAYA

1 lb chicken breasts cubed
1 lb smoked sausage sliced
1 or 2 lbs large shrimp
1 med onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
Creole seasoning to taste

2 cans black beans
2 cans red beans
2 family size or 3 regular size boxes of jambalaya rice mix

combine first 6 ingredients in small amount of oil in 10 qt stock pot and cook until chicken is done
add the rest of the ingredients and 8 or 9 cups of water.  Cook for time shown on rice mix box.

After it is done, you have to keep John Henry and repair man away so you can have some of it.
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :46:03 PM »

now that's more like it............ :wink: :wink: ^-^

UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :48:25 PM »

It would be good if Old would give up Freddie's and Whities duck gumbo recipe............ :D :'(

That was some fine eatin with those cat head biscuits.......... ^-^

olduckhunter
Elite member

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 07 :55:09 PM »

don't know it. never had it. and i'd bet money fred never cooked it.  all i could give you is the best fried duck recipe you ever tried but there's not enough people here that kill enough ducks to wad a shotgun so they don't need that recipe.
muddhen
Administrator
Elite member

cpl. lee roy parton, france, 1917-1919

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 08 :07:42 PM »

but there's not enough people here that kill enough ducks to wad a shotgun so they don't need that recipe.

i been known to wad a few ducks before i killed em

i've always heard, hard work never killed anyone..............but why take a chance?
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 07 :51:31 AM »

don't know it. never had it. and i'd bet money fred never cooked it.  all i could give you is the best fried duck recipe you ever tried but there's not enough people here that kill enough ducks to wad a shotgun so they don't need that recipe.

Well fred said he did........ :wink:..I know they put 50 duck breasts, 10 pounds of onions, 50 pounds of taters in the pot but don't know what else when they did the duck dinner at the Church or Gin........ ???

olduckhunter
Elite member

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 08 :48:51 AM »

only suppers i remember them doing was they'd get campus corner to cook the ducks for a bunch of people. i think the game warden got involved in that and made them stop that.  that's been long ago.  and fred can't cook  a can of chilli.  and i doubt whitey can. they'd get what's his name morgan to cook for them.  he's dead and gone now and they don't have anyone to do the cooking.  they might be able to cook fish.  and that would be a stretch.  both were/are good at pointing and telling what to do.   fred has a place up to the lake now. he's up there now. talked to him yesterday. i think you turn down the road on the henderson side to blue waters resort? somewhere in there they put up a triple wide. i haven't been to it. he built a big, and i mean big, metal feeder (self-feeder) and put it in his back yard and fills it with corn and all-grain. i think he said it held like 2 or 3 thousand pounds.  says they can sit on the back deck 20 yards from the feeder and sit and talk and bucks and does come to eat.  one guy from senath went up there and set on fred's back deck and killed i forgot how many squirrels. a bunch.  fred's bought either 40 or 80 acres up near salem and is setting it up for deer and turkeys. and of course he's in on nettles field and no telling how many acres he plants around his blind. he said he's got corn, peas, milo, alfafa, sunflowers. he's serious about his ducks and deer.

Ozark Hunter
Elite member

OZARKHUNTER MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013

Email
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 09 :19:43 AM »

to one john boat add  a unce and a lost with just a dash of duckman, stir in the last drum stick in a bucket of col. sanders and you have a recipe for disaster

Sounds like a recipe for mixed nuts!... :laugh:

ADHA - Past President (08-09) & Charter Member * Deer Management Advisory Group - Ozarks Region  * Certified Hunter Education Instructor  * Arkansas Bowhunters Association  * Ducks Unlimited  * Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership  * Cotillion Hunting Club
Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 11 :15:11 AM »

Sounds like a recipe for mixed nuts!... :laugh:
  00` 00` ::) ::) :)

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 01 :33:41 PM »

I ran into Jason, Fred son today up here.  He said he got big rain on some fields and very little on others.  He said Fred was up here all the time now.  I went by his place when he was building the deck 2 years ago.  Its in the Crystal cove area with Edmonston and some others from the Boothell.  Whitie, Adams, Bibbs, Jones, are across the highway  in the Wilderness point area.... ???

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: