OZARKHUNTER.NET
December 10, 2018, 02 :33:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets hear your Good recipies........  (Read 6259 times)
UCNE
Winning Team 2011 Deer Contest
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2009, 07 :28:35 AM »

mr. mudd, i take half back about what i said about you then.  i'm surprised you didn't make her hitch hike.

Or pull him there in a wagon............. :wink: :wink:

LIFE IS NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU RUN OR HIGH YOU CLIMB IT'S HOW HARD YOU FALL!   Friends of the North Fork and White Rivers /  NRA / ADHA
muddhen
Administrator
Elite member

cpl. lee roy parton, france, 1917-1919

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2009, 03 :23:55 PM »

nope, i'm good to her, all she had to do was buy me dinner.

i've always heard, hard work never killed anyone..............but why take a chance?
olduckhunter
Elite member

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2009, 05 :17:06 PM »

why does that not surprise me?
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 11 :58:05 AM »

BBQ Catfish

Ingredients
2 catfish filets
salt
pepper
soft butter
liquid smoke

Instructions
Place filets on a cutting board. Place butter in a separate bowl, for you will not want to use it once you have finished. Brush butter, relatively thick on your filets, one side at a time. Once you have a side buttered, put a good a mount of pepper on the catfish . Lightly sprinke with salt. Flip the fish over and repeat the process on the other side. Lay a piece of aluminum foil on the grill and poke a couple of small holes in the foil. I like to use hickory chips to add a nice smokey flavor. You can also use a touch of liquid smoke if that is easier. Cook each side for 3-4 minutes.

LIFE IS NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU RUN OR HIGH YOU CLIMB IT'S HOW HARD YOU FALL!   Friends of the North Fork and White Rivers /  NRA / ADHA
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 11 :58:44 AM »

CAJUN DEEP-FRIED WILD TURKEY

Ingredients:
1 (10-15 lb.) unstuffed wild turkey
5 gallons peanut oil
2 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions:
Pour peanut oil into a 10 gallon pot. Put pot on propane cooker and heat oil to 375 degrees. Have turkey completely thawed and dry turkey thoroughly. Tie two cotton strings around the carcass so bird can be easily lifted out of oil. Carefully submerge turkey in oil. Deep fry for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes per pound and cook until turkey floats to the top. Remove bird from oil, and immediately dust heavily with cajun seasoning. Melt butter or margarine, and add to it garlic powder and cayenne, if desired. Brush turkey with butter mixture. Allow to cool 20 to 30 minutes before carving. Yield 12 to 16 servings

UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 11 :59:30 AM »

Sweet & Sour Squirrel

Ingredients
12 medium-size ground squirrels
1 large red pepper
1 bunch green onions
1 Tbsp. Salad oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 (20 oz.) Can pineapple chunks in juice
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. cornstarch
4 tsp. soy sauce

Instructions
Skin and cut the squirrels. Chop off the squirrels heads and tails. Trim fat and remove the bones. Cut green onions diagonally into 1 inch pieces; slice red pepper into 1/2 inch thick slices. In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon salad oil, cook green onions and red pepper until tender-crisp; stir frequently. Remove to bowl. In same skillet over medium-high head, in 2 tablespoons oil, cook squirrel parts and salt. Cook the squirrel about 15 minutes. Drain any fat in skillet. In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup pineapple juice, 1 cup pineapple chunks, 1/4 cup cider vinegar, tomato paste, cornstarch, and soy sauce. Stir mixture in the skillet with the squirrels, stirring to loosen any squirrel bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until mixture thickens slightly and coats the squirrel. Stir in green onion mixture, heat through. Serve over rice. Makes 4 servings.

whacknstack
Elite member

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 12 :48:18 PM »

Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings

Don't doubt it until you try it.  Honestly one of my favorite desserts to eat.  Very easy to make too.

2 Granny Smith Apples (peeled and cut into 8 wedges per apple, also can substitute Golden Delicious if you want it to be sweeter)
2 Cans of Crescent Rolls
2 Sticks of Butter
1 1/2 Cups of Sugar
1 Tsp of Vanilla
Cinnamon
12 OZ of Mountain Dew

Roll Cresent Roll wedges with an apple slice in each wedge (like a pig in a blanket). Place each dumpling into a 9 x 13 pan. Melt butter and add vanilla. Pour sugar in melted butter. Barely stir.  Couple of stirs only. Pour over all dumplings. Pour Mt. Dew around the edges of the pan so not to cause butter and sugar mixture to come off dumplings. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Spoon some of the sweet sauce from the pan over the ice cream.

"American by birth, southern by the grace of God!"

"I've got a shotgun, rifle, and a four wheel drive, and a country boy can survive"  Hank Williams Jr.
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 12 :55:19 PM »

Dang Wack that sounds good............. thumbp

whacknstack
Elite member

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 11 :50:18 PM »

It really is UCNE.  You really oughta give it a shot.  Absolutely melt in your mouth, slap your momma good!

"American by birth, southern by the grace of God!"

"I've got a shotgun, rifle, and a four wheel drive, and a country boy can survive"  Hank Williams Jr.
muddhen
Administrator
Elite member

cpl. lee roy parton, france, 1917-1919

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 04 :17:54 AM »

i'd rather slap unce, and unce, well, he'd rather........................

i've always heard, hard work never killed anyone..............but why take a chance?
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2010, 08 :08:03 PM »

whacknstack, I think you are trying to kill me.............. smackup.......I made the apple dumplings to go with some fish fillets tonight and ate 4 of them suckers and could have ate all 16...........Guys if you haven't tried his recipe you need to............ thumbp big smile

Losthunter
Administrator
Elite member

Winning Team 2012 , 2013 , 2015 Deer Contest

Email
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 10 :10:06 AM »

you didnt make me none mr jerry ,,,,,,,,,

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.

“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid… There are some things a man just can’t run away from. A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by.”
UCNE
Elite member

NORFORK, AR.

Email
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2010, 11 :10:53 AM »

you didnt make me none mr jerry ,,,,,,,,,

Still got some get your lazy arise up here and sit down and eat............. big smile

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: